Monday, June 1, 2009

Talking to Scottie

I often hear my horses talk to me. At first, I thought it was my imagination. Then one day when my vet was out, she was talking as if she were my horse. I was surprised that she said exactly what I thought he was saying. We talked about it, and since I am pretty intuitive anyway, she said, sure, it's him. You are actually hearing him speak. (hence the blog title)

Since my fall I've been trying to talk to Scottie about it. I'd like to find out what the hell happened to cause him to buck like that. I know I've speculated many things, but, I'd like to hear from his point of view. But, it seems I've been sort of blocked when it comes to hearing him talk about this topic. I get nothing at all.

My vet is a chiropractor, (the same one that hears the horses) and she was out working on his neck the other day. The good news is, she did find soreness, if you can call that good news. I guess it is somewhat of a relief to think I finally found the big reason. Since his session with her, he just FEELS different. I don't mean to the touch. I mean his energy. He feels more calm, more relaxed. Which is a really good thing for Scottie. LOL I was standing next to him the other morning while he was munching on hay from his hay rack. I heard his neck popping just from the small motions he was making with his head. I'm thinking this is good. So I began to give him Reiki. You must know that he normally is a little stand offish when it comes to receiving Reiki. He usually turns away and I feel nothing at all, almost like it's not even flowing. Not this day. He seemed to melt into it. Like he really enjoyed it, and I felt quite a bit of flow coming form my hands.

I figured this would be a good opportunity to talk to him about this incident. So I calmly started talking to him about our ride that day, asking about the bucking. Almost immediately I heard him respond with, "You weren't listening. I tried telling you and you didn't hear me." Wow, I was a bit surprised. I'm thinking, where did THAT come from????? I tried to gather my thoughts and emotions, and simply responded with, "Ok, I'm really sorry. Next time there's a problem, can you please find another way to tell me? Even if you try and I'm not hearing it, you just CAN'T buck like that again. I promise I will be more aware."

Whew.

My website

Training tips and info blog

No comments:

Post a Comment