Saturday, July 4, 2009

Memories & Moments

Before the xrays were being taken, as I stood to Tango's right side, holding the lead, I saw something hit the ground. But nothing was there. It came from his head. Could it have been a tear? As I looked closer, yes, there was a tear in his eye. He was crying.

I'm sure it was because of our pain. I know he was happy for it to all be over. But I'm also sure he did not want to see us like that. We were a mess. And I still am.

Not long after I bought Tango he and Shadow became fast friends. Tango would run over to Shadow, get right up to him and rear. Full blown, vertical rearing. Shadow would trot away, or somedays he would play. Tango was already 21, but he looked a mere 14. Beautiful bay coat with long shiny black mane. My husband looked out the window one day and said to me, "Wow. That horse is really beautiful. He is really beautiful, isn't he?" I think being the non horseperson that he is he needed reassurance as to what he was seeing. Yes, Tango was a beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Loretta,
    I am soooo sorry for your loss of Tango. I remember when you lost Shadow, and that was hard too.
    You are living your dream, and I envy that. I know that is one thing that you and I share, is a love of horses. My dream also is some day to have one or many. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't share that dream.....
    What is the book that you are working on?
    How exciting.
    God bless your dreams!
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete